Maisie, Megan, Jack

Maisie, Megan, Jack

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Blind Faith Poster and Feedback

Blind Faith Poster


Here is my first draft of my Blind Faith film poster:


Justifications for use:
  • I used the titling from the short film to create continuity and a brand for our portfolio.
  • The braille is used to represent the main theme and issue within our short film of blindness. 
  • I used the photograph of the protagonists as it was a prop in the short film and I feel as though it was a clever use as well as showing the two protagonists. It is also very conventional in short film posters to use a photograph of the protagonist(s) in medium close up or close up at mid angle. I have developed this convention by using four photographs.
  • I used the tagline in the corner of the poster to ensure not to distract from the main scheme of the poster and imagery.
  • I have used a conventional tagline, billing block, ratings/reviews and actors names as these have been mostly if not all used in the short films I have researched. 
  • I have used the organisations 'The Times' and 'Little White Lies' for my ratings as I feel as though they are suitable for our target audience and relate to our review.
  • The de-saturated and low contrast colour of the background of the imagery has been used so as not to deter from the main imagery and text. This convention is also used in films of certain genres I have studied such as 'Silent Things'.
Critical feedback from our target audience on Facebook:






This is the final draft of my Blind Faith film poster:


Justifications for use:


  • Having received audience feedback I have made the word 'Blind' in the title smaller to emphasise the main word within the film 'Faith'.
  • It was also suggested that I move the tagline into the border of the photograph as it was mentioned it got a bit lost in the corner. I changed the colour to black to make it easier to see and use the convention within film posters to have a colour theme.
  • The overall impression of the poster is that it was rather cramped, for this reason I have got rid of the star ratings and made the billing block smaller and justified the other information for a conventional and realistic effect.
  • I also changed the crest from 'Winner' of 'Most Suspense' to 'Winner' of 'Best Drama Short' as this was more realistic and advice had shown this.
  • It was also suggested that the photograph was moved more central to the poster and the road background was even more de-saturated. I completed both of these to ensure we took on board our audience feedback and make the text as legible as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Good design Jack. Now you need to write some justification for your choices - see instructions.

    ReplyDelete